Riverview School District Superintendent Dr. Anthony Smith Welcomes You!
Welcome to the Riverview School District! In partnership with our outstanding students, staff, parents, and community, the Riverview School District provides a learning-focused environment where students can excel. Our mission, “Educate Children,” is supported by our vision, “To Become a National Model of Educational Excellence.” We offer diverse specialized and alternative programs aimed at meeting all of our students’ needs. We are proud of our high graduation rates, student scholarship accomplishments, and commitment to our 21st Century Outcomes and Indicators. While academic accomplishments are at the forefront, we remain rigorously committed to excellence in the four A’s: Academics, the Arts, Activities, and Athletics. Our job is to ensure every student is college, career and life ready.
Riverview is known for being a high performance school district offering a rigorous curriculum that challenges students to excel. The community and its schools believe in a family oriented atmosphere as is witnessed by the commitment to numerous school-community partnerships in programs such as FIRST Robotics, our award-winning agriculture program, and others. Riverview currently has over 1,300 documented volunteers that donate time in our schools. This is an amazing accomplishment for a district of just over 3,000 students.
Riverview receives state and national recognition for excellence in a variety of programs including academic programs, arts, technology, and career and technical education. Recently, the Riverview School District was among only 77 school districts nationwide to qualify for the AP Honor Roll List in two consecutive years. The award is based on three-year trends on improved scores, increasing numbers, and increasing the diversity of successful students passing the AP test standard. Other Riverview honors include:
- Three of our four elementary schools received Washington School of Distinction awards for consistent improvement in reading and math.
- Eagle Rock Multi-Age was named a top performer for High Progress and awarded the 2016 recipient of the Washington Achievement Award for academic success. Schools qualify for recognition in this category if they are in the top 10% of schools making the most progress in reading or ELA (English Language Arts) and math combined performance.
- Carnation Elementary was one of three schools in Washington State to receive a Kennedy Center Award for Arts Excellence. It also received a state award for being one of the top elementary schools in closing the achievement gap in English acquisition for non-English speaking students.
- The Cedarcrest Agriculture Program was recently selected as Ag Program of the Year for the entire state of Washington.
- Students finishing in the top three in their respective categories at the International Science Fair on a yearly basis.
- Our middle and high school Technology Student Association (TSA) students continue to place in multiple categories at the National TSA Competition.
- Our high school Random Acts of Kindness Club has received national recognition and international attention.
- Riverview is the second public school district in Washington to receive the national Healthier US School Challenge award for five of our schools. Upon delivery of the award, King County Councilmember Kathy Lambert said, “I commend the Riverview School District for making the commitment to fight childhood obesity and improve learning and lifelong health with this comprehensive program…meeting the rigorous requirements to qualify for this national award is a major achievement.”
Riverview Educational Service Center (District Office)
15510 1st Avenue NE, PO Box 519 Duvall, WA 98019
Superintendent: Dr. Anthony L. Smith
Other Important Numbers:
ECEAP Program 425-844-4548
School Nurses 425-844-4516
Food Services 425-844-4560
Riverview Learning Center CLIP, PARADE, CHOICE and CLEAR Programs
32302 NE 50th Street Carnation, WA 98014
Principal: John Bomar
Cedarcrest High School
School Hours: 7:20am – 2:00pm
29000 NE 150th St., Duvall, WA 98019
Principal: Ray LaBate
Tolt Middle School School
Hours: 8:10am – 2:45pm
3740 Tolt Ave., Carnation, WA 98014
Principal: Chris Lupo
Carnation Elementary School School
Hours: 9:10am – 3:30pm
4950 Tolt Ave., Carnation, WA 98014
Principal: Dr. Randy Stocker
Cherry Valley Elementary School
School Hours: 9:10am – 3:30pm
26701 NE Cherry Valley Rd., Duvall, WA 98019
Principal: Roxanne Luchini
Stillwater Elementary School
School Hours: 9:10am – 3:30pm
11530 – 320th Ave. NE, Carnation, WA 98014
Principal: Jack Madigan
Eagle Rock K-5 Multi-age Program
29300 NE 150th St., Duvall, WA 98019
Principal/Program Administrator: Molly Lutz