The Duvall Chamber of Commerce coordinates ribbon cuttings for our local businesses. This is a FREE service available to current and new Chamber members that meet the following criteria:
- Opened their business in the last 6 months or moved to a new location.
- Changed ownership or is under new management.
- Has been remodeled or expanded at its present location
- New membership to the Duvall Chamber of Commerce
- For new members to take advantage of this service, payment of dues must be made before planning a ribbon cutting or publicizing an event.
They Duvall Chamber of Commerce is also happy to help promote any open houses or receptions our members have for clients, vendors and customers.
Why is a Ribbon Cutting important?
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan for the local community. It’s also a great way to kick-off a grand opening of a business. It offers the opportunity to meet key leaders in the community and get acquainted with your neighbors and chamber members.
Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting
Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting with the Chamber should take place a minimum of three to four weeks before the event to allow the Chamber time to invite members of the Chamber’s Board of Directors, special guests, and Chamber members.
To begin the process of scheduling a Ribbon Cutting, members can contact Jashar Rentz, our Duvall Chamber Ribbon Cutting Coordinator at email@example.com or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Chamber Involvement
- A ribbon cutting must take place within 6 months of the opening, moving or expansion of a business.
- We would like to ensure Chamber members, staff and special guests are available for an event, so the Chamber tries not to schedule more than one event per day and no more than four events per month.
- It is also recommended that business owners choose several possible dates for an event, in order to work around events that the DCC and/or City of Duvall may already have scheduled.
- In order to ensure that the DCC can successfully market each event, we recommend a three to four week notice to include details about the event in our communications with membership and our web calendar.
- We recommend a ribbon cutting be scheduled during business hours, which are generally 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. In our experience, events held during the day are better attended by Chamber membership and elected officials.